Complaints Procedure

If you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received from the Doctors or any of the staff working in this practice, please let us know.

 We operate a practice complaints procedure as part of the NHS system for dealing with complaints.  This complaints procedure meets national criteria.


We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned.  If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible, ideally within a matter of days or at most a few weeks, because this will enable us to establish what happened more easily.  If it is not possible to do that, please let us have details of your complaint: 

·         Within 12 months of the incident that caused the problem

·         Within 12 months of discovering that you have a problem

 Complaints should be in writing and addressed to the Practice Manager.  Alternatively, you may ask for an appointment with the Practice Manager in order to discuss your concerns.  She will explain the complaints procedure to you and will make sure that your concerns re dealt with promptly.  It would be a great help if you are as specific as possible about your complaint.

 If you do not wish to complain to the practice you should direct your complaint to NHS Frimley ICB at: South East Complaints Hub, NHS Frimley ICB, Aldershot Centre for Health, Hospital Hill, Aldershot,  Hampshire, GU11 1AY, telephone 0300 561 0290, email



We shall acknowledge your complaint within three working days and invite you to discuss the manner in which your complaint will be dealt with, including the timescale.  Please tell us how you would like your complaint to be resolved, eg:

  •        Over the phone
  •          At a meeting
  •          With a written response
  •          And the outcome you hope for

We will aim to have looked into your complaint within ten working days of the date when you raised it with us.  It helps us if you can give as full details as possible about your complaint.  We will look into your complaint to:

  •          Investigate what happened and whether something went wrong
  •         Invite you to discuss the problem with those involved, if you would like this
  •          Apologise where this is appropriate
  •          Identify what we can do to make sure the problem does not happen again


Anyone who is receiving a service, or who has received a service, can complain.  You can complain for yourself or for someone else.  We may need to disclose information from the patient’s medical records.  If you complain for a friend or relative you must have their written consent to represent them unless they are incapable of providing this; our complaints form provides for this.  If the patient has died or lacks capacity, we will need proof that you are an appropriate person as determined by law.


If you would like independent advice of support about your complaint, the following organisations may be able to help:

·         Independent Complaints Advocacy Service (ICAS), telephone 0845 6008616

·         Citizens Advice Bureau, telephone 0845 1202919

·         Action Against Medical Accidents (AVMA), telephone 0845 1232352, or visit

·         Patient Advice and Liaison Services (PALS), telephone 01482 402757

·         Complaints Service at NHS Surrey, telephone 01372 201700



If you are not satisfied with the way in which we have dealt with your complaint, you can make a request for an independent review by contacting the Parliamentary & Health Service Ombudsman, Millbank Tower,  Millbank, London, SW1P 4QP, telephone 0345 015 4033, or visit